NEW PARENT DROP OFF AND PICK UP
Watch videos to understand the new parent drop off and pick up!
Our number 1 goal is STUDENT SAFETY and with that comes along an updated PARENT DROP OFF AND PARENT PICK UP procedure that will begin on Monday, September 9, 2019. Our mission is to safely release students while improving the efficiency of parent pick-up.
Remember our number one goal is student safety, so please bear with us. We understand there will be unforeseen scenarios and initial delays, in the long run, we hope to increase the safety of our students and create a more efficient pick-up process.
Please review the new protocols:
- Buses will now unload and load in the front of the building. All students riding the bus will enter and exit through the gym doors. Only students will be allowed to enter the gym doors. All visitors must enter the main entrance of the school building and sign in at the front office.
Parent Drop Off and Pickup
- Parents transporting their children by car will be asked to unload and load in the rear of the school by the cafeteria.
- Please have your child ready to exit the vehicle as you come to a complete stop
- Children will enter and exit on the passenger side of the vehicle
- If a child isn't ready to exit, please pull forward to allow vehicles to pass you in order not to halt the traffic
- Pick up
- Teachers will be out looking for "visor tags" that are displayed on your passenger-side visor
- Children will be called out of the cafeteria by teachers on duty and children will enter on the passenger side of the vehicle
- If your child isn't ready for pickup, please pull forward to allow vehicles to pass you in order not to halt the traffic
- There may be times when there is an overflow or the lines are backed up. In that case, you will be asked to form additional lines in order to help with vehicle congestion on Highway 177
**(How You Can Help)**
- Have your child ready to exit the car when you arrive at school.
- Arrive at school in the afternoon after 2:50 p.m.!!!!! Please don’t come early.
- Have “visor sign” hanging in your car.
- Please be patient.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the school at 573-334-3644. Thank you for your patience and understand regarding this matter. Remember our goal is to increase the safety of our students and create a more efficient pick-up process.